Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm A Good Guy

I have to brag on myself (again). We recently passed some national accreditation inspection. Woo Hoo! Ok so we passed, and really we are supposed to and did. But we cannot, no matter how hard we might want to, escape time. What do I mean by this? Well that is great and I feel accomplished, but what about next year? Or the year after that? Or the year after that? The point I'm getting to is there is always another inspection just around the bend.

I know that sounds somewhat defeatist of me. And seriously I've contemplated some other profession for the very same reason (I found nothing that I liked or that didn't suffer from the same thing). So it is what I do and that is ok. I can take a breather having just passed inspection, but not too much, as the omnipresent "next inspection looms. Kind of like a comic book nemesis. You have to always be ready, because you can't ever put it away for good, just for right now. It is the world we live in. I'm ok with that, because sometimes you lose, I didn't this time but you never know if I might (doubtful, but still). You are only as good as your last inspection says you are. Yep, pretty much. So I'll be a good guy for a while.

No comments: