Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Time

Ah that lovely time of year where the clocks must change... How I hate it. For one thing, try telling little kids... to go to sleep, yes yesterday at this time you still had an hour to go but today, you must go to bed an hour earlier. Why? Because you have to wake up an hour earlier too. If you ever had kids, you can sympathize. Once everything gets settled it is all good, but I can't help but wonder why we do this to ourselves in the first place. I know, I know... way back when we were a more agrarian culture, this made sense. But we aren't really picking tomatoes or feeding chickens anymore, or at least not like we used to.  And it seems farmers don't care either way.

And there is for me the changing the times on each and every piece of equipment that has a clock on it... NOT fun. But it is what it is. I don't want to live in Arizona (the only place that does not change with the rest of us) so I deal. I know down here we need to think about kids catching the school bus and whatnot, but still I bitch about switching the time, because the whole process seems so stupid. And I am not alone.

So I hope you listened, set your clocks ahead, otherwise you may be late this morning. Ah, isn't it lovely?

No comments: