Saturday, March 12, 2011

Didn't Feel a Thing...

I was crashing (in other words, my blood sugar was extremely low) the other day... and usually I can feel it. I get light headed, and I think I am very funny, my wife can't stand this as a low blood sugar is nothing to laugh at (of course she is right). Other times I become agitated easily. Neither was the case on this night. I went low (37 to be exact) and it can be because I took to much insulin and/or I did not eat enough carbohydrates or I misjudged who many carbs was in whatever I ate. Typically it is the later that always trips me up.

So anyway the only reason I knew I was crashing is because I was reading email and understood none of it. It might as well have been written in Chinese. Except I could make out that there were words, and could put them together as sentences, but I had absolutely no idea what was being said. It was at this point I took my blood sugar, saw that it was low, nudged my wife (god bless her) out of bed and told her I was low. She got me a bowl of cereal.

And I'm alive today because of her. And I know I probably don't show enough appreciation toward her, but I really like being alive, and so I thank her. And as for the crash with no feeling... I guess for now on if I read something but cannot make any sense out of it, that will have to be a "feeling".

No comments: