Sunday, January 16, 2011

Parity

(According to Merriam-Webster) the quality or state of being equal or equivalent. In football, I can't think of another time (especially watching the Saint, heavily favored to win, lose to the Seahawks, a loosing team) when there has been more of it. So this year's Superbowl won't mean as much, because my team didn't make it... But I didn't think they would make it anyway. Next year, there is always next year.

Still we may see more upsets in store. You know that old saying... "on any given Sunday" Well it is true. Just ask the Patriots two years ago. On any given Sunday (or Saturday, or Monday, any day really) one team can beat the other, even if it is outgunned and out manned. I like that in the NFL, and it is a quality I can't find in any other sport. So there you go.

No comments: