Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh Boy

What to do? What to do? My wife will have a new/different job next year. Why? Well her position has been eliminated. It is not that big a deal, as it paid the same either way, but I do wonder what the school district is thinking. How exactly are they going to do this... Why even have any coaches at all? I mean I don't think it will work. I tried to stir up some public debate... and failed miserably. Not one comment, not one single quip. Actually, there was one... and it wasn't very nice, and I think it was a swipe at Bush... the president, well the former president, and really I am not going devolve myself into that kind of fracas.

I did talk to friend(s) about it, and I'm simply going to leave it alone. Because while it may or may not be true, going down that road leads us away from the real issue, and people become incensed with all the rhetoric, and the reason for starting the conversation is lost.

But I should have known that before I started to write my first sentence... I knew better, but I let myself get caught up in the moment. It happens, I'm only human, as is everyone else. I'm a little disappointed that a pretty good program is going to be axed, with little to no public comment. But I kind of expected that too.

So what is a guy to do? Not much. We (my wife and I) are going to see what happens, and get in where we fit in... or perhaps not. The most important thing is we got each other. Where ever we go and whatever we do, we'll always have each other, and that means more than anything else (yeah I know, it sounds corny and cliche but it is what it is).

No comments: