Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lighthouse

My daughter, the Songbird, just realized how incredibly stupid we can be sometimes. We were on our way to Ridgeland to go to dance class and she saw the towers at Traditions.

She said "Hey Daddy, I just saw a lighthouse". She saw a real one the other day when we were going out to Tybee.

I replied "We are 20 miles inland, those were just... decorations"

I tried to explain, that those towers are not near the ocean, and will never signal a boat. That it was just for looks. But she was beside herself. Still thinking that somehow those towers had to do something. I told her no, they really did nothing, I don't even think you can enter those towers.

And so a little bit of innocence was taken away from the Songbird, who thinks that everything has a purpose. I guess I should have told her that those big towers are to take money of the people who live there. But that is a can of worms that I didn't want to open...

No comments: