Tuesday, January 18, 2011

For the Birds

Over this past weekend, I felt a little more spring like. Lord knows the birds thought it was... it got up to 55ish nice day, NO bugs (mainly because I think they all froze over the past week) no rain, it was, for all intents and purposes a really great day. A great day to watch some birds in the backyard.

Here the Songbird shows she is ready and has the right equipment (binoculars) to look at some birds...


There was a hawk or eagle, but I barely caught him. I wish I had a more zoomier lens but alas it was not to be...


Blue Birds... Very pretty, I love this bird, I don't know why.



Hooded Merganser, these birds are very pretty and apparently very common. The female lacks the black and white markings of the male, but has a weird fan shaped head.



The White Ibis. These are fairly common too (in fact all of the birds are pretty common) they seems "up to something"...


They along with the Egrets, and a Great Blue Heron were all along the perimeter, waiting for the Hooded Merganser to catch a fish, and then they would try to steal it. Sometimes it would work, other times, not so much.

No comments: