Saturday, July 30, 2011

It Is Everybody's Fault

Oh lord... Seriously, I am starting to think that we really can't get anything done until after the deadline has come to pass. There is always a hope that someone will save the day at the eleventh hour, but more likely than not it is going into overtime. I blame everyone, because everyone has their heads up their respective asses. Compromise is going to have to happen. I don't see any other way around it. What does that mean? It means you have some stuff you like and some stuff you don't like but everyone walks away a winner (and a loser). I don't get why the folks on the right or left side of the aisle are so adamant that the other side is so wrong they don't care what happens to the rest of the country... this shit has got to stop.

If that is all our government is anymore, count me out, because that is just too crazy. Under that system of rule only the extreme right or left will control us. I think we are a middle of the rode kind of place, why the hell would we be anything else? My god, I can just imagine other folks looking in at us and wondering... or worse laughing and pointing, because we can't come to an agreement on pretty much anything. Instead of trying to make this side or that side bend to one way of thinking, are there any senators/congressmen out there reaching out  to the other side? At all???

Just a side note: I wrote this before the president and speaker had their speeches Monday night. They are still not playing ball. Neither side is ready apparently, because each side has to save face. I don't know why we have to go through all of this. I still fault both sides. I think the president came out looking better, but he also came off as a bit of a weasel. While Boehner looked like somebody had a gun to his head. I have a weak stomach for politics, I just want everything to work and I'll work too. I guess that will never happen. I know people are fed up with Washington. But they are always fed up with Washington.

No comments: