Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Buckwalter Place Greenway Trail - Thumbs Down

I know I'm really not here this week, but I must tell you, or not tell you about Buckwalter Place Greenway Trail. Well it sucked. I try to keep an open mind to these sorts of things I really tried. But all it really is... is a trail around a parking lot. It does not go far enough into the woods, and there is absolutely nothing of interest anywhere. I thought that it would go around the parking lot but at some point I thought it would veer off to a special place and you could see some wildlife or something. I got nothing. I'm sure that when this place was being pitch to the city council the fact that it has "Greenway" somehow made it better, but honestly you could walk around the parking lot of Wal-Mart or Target and pretty much get the same thing... without lob-lolly pines falling down around you. I'd give the whole Buckwalter Place Greenway Trail big needs improvement... at best. I had such high hopes for it, but I guess that was my own fault. Maybe I'm wrong, but really... let's just say it is the first and last time I'll ever make the mistake of traveling this trail again. It does have some kind of iPhone thing you can download, but I don't have that... so...

No comments: