Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sausage Balls

Sausage Balls are something so good, so delicious, I find myself stumped as to why they only appear this time of year. And you want to know a secret? I have not had these sausagey, cheesey, balls of goodness until I moved to South Carolina 10 years ago. Also you can make all kinds of witty or sarcastic sayings when you talk about making, eating, or anything else... because "balls" are in the name and when you add "sausage" well then it kicks the sexual innuendo into over-drive.


You need:
1 pound of Sausage the one pictured is a hot sausage from the Pig.
1 pound of finely shredded Cheese
1 1/2 to 2 cups of Bisquick

You mix the three together and form into balls, where you bake at 350 for 10 minutes. (You can flip them over and let the other side brown up too if you like for another 5-10 min.)

Then you enjoy your creation. Which is to say, at my house anyway, they don't last long at all. But all my kids are a slave to anything sausage. If it has sausage in it, then it must be ingested, over and over and over again... until it is gone.I mean, I made this with a spicy sausage and the Songbird and the teenager, ate this... and the don't usually like hot or spicy things. Make some, before I buy up all the sausage, Bisquick, and cheese!

No comments: