Monday, November 29, 2010

The Gag

I don't know if you know this or not but I have a thing for the gag gift. I like the thought of it, the hilarity of both giving and receiving the gag, the search of just the right gift, which generally costs less than $5, and let's be honest, what gift are you really going to want or like, that only cost $5? $10? Hell I'll go as far as $100... I don't know about you, but I can't really say that there is anything that I get as a gift that I really, really like or want that I wouldn't have already gotten for myself anyway. There are rare occasions, but they are the exceptions not the rule.

So that brings me to a haul of some really good and pretty cheap gifts I got over the weekend. They are great and the some are the usual suspects. But one thing I had to buy for myself and my family is already wishing that maybe I didn't find it.What is said item?


Basically it is like the old Fart Machine... like this:

Except it doesn't take a remote to operate, which means so long as you don't mind being the one who farted or if you can blame someone else in your group, then party on my friend.

I can't tell you how much fun I've had and how much fun I will have later when my family comes over for Christmas. Cut one on the way to the checkout line in Barnes & Noble, or perhaps stand next to a kid in the middle of Publix. (Yep, both done already) the possibilities are limitless and I've apologized to my wife profusely, but I can't help but laugh... like in tears, knee slapping laughter when this thing comes out and makes it's presence known. And all it cost was a buck. I'm going back to get more...  

No comments: