Monday, November 1, 2010

It is just the way it is…

Basically I work in a maintenance type field… kinda, sorta, yeah it’s like that. I don’t post about my job or anything to do with it because I feel I work here and I like it, there is nothing left to say. But every so often things happen. This is one of them.

I was repairing an item, a very sophisticated item. It would not be unheard of to call a man in that does nothing but repair these types of machines for a living. On top of that I was fixing the hardest thing on the sophisticated item. It took right at 4 hours to do, turn the machine on and “bam” it works like a champ. I am happy, the customer is happy, smiles all around.

Next comes a very unsophisticated piece of equipment, like very, very basic. You may even have one in your house it is that simple. And cheap, whereas the sophisticated item cost hundreds or thousands to fix, the simple, basic item costs less than fifty dollars. And it completely kicked my ass. I don’t like to admit that, but that is what happened.

In the end both the items were repaired, but one left me feeling accomplished and the other had me pulling my hair out, wondering why something so very easy has got to be so very hard? Because that is the way it is.

No comments: