Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm Crooked

You ever look in the mirror, and think something just doesn't look right? I do. In fact I find myself doing it more and more. Notice a gray hair, or a slew of them, a wrinkle you didn't know was there, thinning hair, a pooch gut, you name it, I got it. But I'm not really talking about those things. Or maybe I am. I really don't know.

When I look in the mirror in the morning, I see a part of my lip a little bigger or swollen than the rest of my face. I think it is because of the stroke, but maybe it is just age, or maybe it was always there, I just didn't notice it until now. My wife, a long time owner of a "crooked smile" says, "Now you look like the rest of us... crooked." Maybe so, I know I can't really do anything about it... besides whine about it on my blog.

Or maybe there is some exercises I could do. But we all know, I'm not one for exercise. I mean it is good for you, I know this, but anything like that just sounds like work, and work for a very small, you probably wouldn't notice one way or the other, type thing... well I start doing a cost to reward analysis, and it just isn't worth it.

I do this at just about every turn in my life. More education vs. more cost for that education (without making any more money) why put myself through the pain and suffering? That is what I keep telling myself anyway. Sometimes it is easy, a new car and new car payments vs. old car and no payments. Well, since my car is still very serviceable, has low miles, I'll just keep the old one... But I really do want a two-seater convertible.

Back to my face, well the only time I have to look at it is when I look in the mirror, or a picture. My wife doesn't seem to notice, that or she is being very nice. Either way I'm blessed. And saying that, I guess that leaves me with very little room to whine, complain, or anything else. I'm loved for who and what I am. Crooked face and all. And I love my wife all the more, in fact I love that crooked smile, both our daughters have that same crooked smile. We are just crooked people, and that is fine with us.

No comments: