Monday, August 30, 2010

Aw Jeez Meathead!

So my meatheadedness gets me into trouble again. Basically, the door to my camera's memory was broken. I find a replacement on eBay for $15. It is in a different color (it is sliver, my camera is black), but I don't care, it is a thing of function not form... for me anyway. So I get out the smallest of jeweler's screwdrivers and replace that door. And that goes ok I guess. Except now the camera does not work. WTF? I'm sure it is something I did, but what?



My wife offered to take it to a repair shop. They want about as much as a new camera to work on it... which is not in the family budget right now. So what to do? I really don't know. I feel like I'm on the receiving end no matter what way I go. I should have just left the broken door on, exposed my memory to the elements and enjoyed my camera. But I didn't so now I guess someone is going to get a fat wallet from me. Though I will take it apart, one more time just to see if there is something somewhere that I may have missed.

No comments: