Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Great 3 Day

Well, last weekend, I took a 3-day, wraps up my summer vacationing. We went to the Water Festival, Hunting Island, and finished it in Statesboro at Splash in the Boro! All in all, I have to say, it was better (minus New Orleans) than my trip to see my father... sorry dad, but it is true.

I already posted some pictures of the Water Festival, Hunting Island got cut a bit short as a big gust of wind came around and snapped my umbrella in two. But it was fun while it lasted, the kids got to play in the sand and water, we got a tad bit sunburned, and we even found a (dead) sand dollar.

Splash in the Boro had its ups and downs, mainly the down stuff involved one or more of the kids not wanting to try this slide or that slide... or anything at all. But we got through that, or not and just went on to something else. Why I have to drive an hour and a half for something we should have right here is beyond me. I mean I know we have enough kids, and with the tourists, you'd think it would be money in the bank... but for whatever reason, we don't have anything like it nearby.

They have a new slide this year (actually I think it came online late last year) and I would like to call it the nut shot... the official name is Mat Racer slide. You can pick 1 of 5 lanes (they all are equal) and race head first down the slide. That is all fine and and good, but when you get to the bottom the water is a smidgen deeper, and when you hit it, you are laying right on your nuts (if you are a boy) and thus it kinda feels... well it hurts actually. It isn't like a baseball bat to the man's nether region, but it definitely makes itself known.



Anyway, even though it was kind of messed up... the umbrella snapping, causing us to leave early or the nut shot, it was still a great 3 day weekend. And now I only have to work for four days this week, so it really is a win-win for me. And I know next week is a different story, but I will take it however I can get it. .

No comments: