Friday, July 16, 2010

Classic Film Friday: The Jungle Book

Yes, I'm talking about the 1967 Walt Disney classic. I prefer to think of it as a different story than the original book written in 1894. Anyway, this is the story of Mowgli, a young boy who is abandoned/orphaned and is raised by wolves. He meets characters like Bagheera (the panther), Baloo (the sloth bear), King Louie (the orangutan), Kaa (the python) and many others.

Basically Mowgli has been threatened by Shere Khan (the tiger) since he is a human and Shere Khan hates humans, so in order to save Mowgli his animal friends try to take him back to the "man-village." Mowgli does not want to go. He would rather fend for himself and stay in the jungle.

What happens next? You'll have to watch and see. Below are the two songs most prominent in the movie. My wife and rest of the family like this song:



While I like this one (and my wife says I'm a big baboon...)

No comments: