Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Listening to the Radio

Every now and then... you know once every 2 or 3 weeks I listen to the John Boy and Billy Big Show. It comes on in the morning. I catch 10-15 minutes on my way to work. I used to listen to it everyday. I find it has the right mix of talk and music, but a bit too much on the commercials. I know they need to make money, which is why I don't really listen that much any more.

I like how they mix the their talk and guests with the occasional song and plus I like classic rock, so there is that going for it. Plus there is lots of NASCAR and pro-wrestling and basically man type stuff. Which is funny since I live with 3 girls and my wife. Yeah, I can't listen to it all the time, else my redneck side may emerge... and that isn't good.

But still I like the show, better that the blather of all talk radio, and a bit better than nothing but music. Plus I must admit that through all that "man stuff" the show makes fun of the rednecks, pokes fun at wrestling (yes we all know it isn't real), It is like going fishing with your best fishing buddies. It makes you laugh. Which makes the commercials a bit more bearable. Maybe I'll start listening more...

No comments: