Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oh `Dem Saints

My Mom calls me during the Saints/49'ers game at like 10:30 at night, I answer the phone, but somehow we are disconnected... I figure she doesn't want to talk since it is so late. I couldn't get to sleep anyway because the Saints can't seem to put the axe into somebody's head... they leave them a chance in both games thus far. Anyway, the next day my mom call's again, I give the phone to the teenager since I had a mouth full of food (it was dinner time) and she needed to thank my mom for her birthday present. All she hears is buttons being pressed... I smell a pattern here.

My daughter calls her back... and gets nothing. 20 minutes go by, she tries again, nothing. Finally my mother calls back, we talk about the Saints game, how back in the day, it would have ended much differently, basically that the Saints would have lost. But so far so good, we are keeping fingers crossed, our gree-gree bags close by, and hoping for a repeat. Well we can hope anyway, they say it is not impossible... so there you go but they did lose to Atlanta in overtime.

Back to the phone tag. I was just saying how weird it would be if we called each other but only got voice mail or the bumbling of accidental dialing while one of us, usually the sender is not aware that the phone was even on. How long could that go on? Like the licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll pop, we may never know...

No comments: