Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The What

I posted who was here in my last post but I didn't really talk about what we did. Friday we went back to Splash in the 'Boro. Saturday the men went golfing, and I can honestly say I cannot and really don't care to learn golf. We finished off with fireworks at "the Sands" which was at Port Royal.

The one thing that bothers me about fireworks is, you can't really ever relive the experience. I mean what can I say about the fireworks other than they were there? They were pretty? They were colorful? They were loud? I can't really even remember a specific one or time that one went off. There was a problem with the fireworks. You see Port Royal's is first, then Parris Island does theirs (for all the Marines) but because of some snafu, it had to be switched and Parris Island went first, and then Port Royal. A good time was had by all.

Lastly, Sunday we went to the beach at Hunting Island. Nothing much happened other than that. I mean nobody got maimed or killed or sent to jail. Pretty boring huh? I would like to go back to the Splash at the 'Boro part for a minute...

A lazy river is it for 1.) To travel in, lazily or 2.) To hurry by pushing everyone around you and thus not be lazy at all, and in the end, it goes in a circle, so you eventually wind up exactly right where you started? There is various reasons why some might feel the need to be very un-lazy in the lazy river, but for me, I just get in the tube, and relax. Even if there are some people pushing and whatnot, I don't budge, because I'm busy... being lazy. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people just can't stop being busy, no matter where they are. A "Lazy River" inspires them to be pushy and shove and ram themselves thru it like they do thru life, not caring who gets in their way. They can't take time out to relax. Kinda sad, really. They should go white water rafting instead.