Saturday, July 11, 2009

Trouble Away From Home

My daughter, the 13-year-old, got "tangled" in a mess the other day. See she is in Mississippi visiting her mother, and my father lives down there too. Something happened, something about my dad's pool, and a boy... Now I really don't know what happened, because I wasn't there, but it looks bad for my daughter.

Which makes me laugh, because she has been giving me headaches for years. Her mother should share in my pain don't you think? In the meantime we might have to consider getting my daughter on the pill. And bit of prayer. I mean, what else can I do? I can't keep her locked up, and even if I could, I wouldn't, I need to have a life too.

I'm not saying I'll just give up, but I can't afford to be a grandpa yet. But I do love to see my ex get a little more gray, a few more wrinkles... Bwahahahah!

1 comment:

Aunt Bea said...

As soon as my dau hit puberty, I took her to an OB-GYN and got her checked out and on birth control. It is a good baseline establishment for future OB-GYN problems; it's good for a girl to have someone whom she can trust.

It WAS kinda funny,though - the doc - a young lady over in Beaufort - asked me to step out of the room so that she could discuss birth control with my daughter. Dau said, "No,it's OK, she can stay. She can advise me what to think about as far as methods." Allowing dau to take responsibility for herself and her body is a BIG step in maturity. It also helps remind them every day of what can happen, even in the most initially innocent circumstances.

Yes, it IS funny when your ex has to discover at last that Little Miss Sunshine isn't the lil angel...