Thursday, July 30, 2009

Same Problems

My oldest daughter, the 13-year-old (about to be 14-year-old) was going to Mexico with her mom, my ex-wife. I say was because something has happened, and she is no longer going. Now normally this would be no sweat off my ass, what she does or does not do with mother is really none of my business.

Well that is until she involves me, which she did, because I had take take her to go get a passport, which means I had to take off from work, take my daughter out of school, go to the post office, wait in line, and get a passport. Yeah I know, I wasn't really asked to do that much, but it was something. Not to mention her mother sent money for my daughter to go shopping for her cruise. I really though this was happening.

But suddenly it wasn't happening, suddenly I was transported to 10-15 years ago, to when I was married to her, and it was me not getting to go. Which sucks, especially when we went to Disney without my daughter, and we thought "well, it'll be alright, she is going on a cruise to Mexico after all". Now I don't feel sorry for my daughter, she got what she got, and if she wanted she could have told me "Hey dad, I don't want to go to mom's this summer" but she didn't and thus, put herself in the path of her mother's inactivity or incompetence or whatever. They say divorce is forever, like a diamond or a stain that you discover after you dried your clothes. Yeah like that.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MH:
Good analogy....
I also like the proverbial BAD PENNY one, too.

;)