Friday, July 17, 2009

Classic Film Friday: Vacation

How could I be going on vacation and not do this film? It is a classic in every sense of the word. Chevy Chase is Clark Griswold, a dumb, goofy kind of guy. He is all about bringing his family together via a huge road trip. Watch as he and his family see the country and adventure together.

I know there is the whole "Clark is an idiot" thing of the movie, and I know everyone has likely seen this film but give it another look. It is the voyage of a lifetime and everybody should take it, though painful and not always pleasant, at least once.

My trip was from New Orleans to San Diego. I was a kid then, but I could remember it like it was yesterday. We were picking up my step-dad from the Navy, as the Navy was not for him (long story, for another time). My mother and I went across country, I saw San Francisco, I went to the San Diego Zoo, was almost eaten by a bear in Yosemite (don't leave food out, idiot), saw my uncle in Phoenix, and got really, really bad service in Texas. Looking back on a trip like that now, I have only good memories from it, and the bad is turned in to the funny. Life is like that. So laugh a little huh?

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

...LOL...great choice.
ENjoy your trip to DW...and remember..."The MOOSE says you're open, and I say you're open".

:)