Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The upcoming presidential elections, housing market crash, and other unpleasant things

Well it looks like McCain is going to get the nod on the right, and Hillary or Obama on the left. I wish whoever wins would push past this, but honestly the country is so far out of whack nothing really can be done about it. Oh well, as usual its pretty useless.

The housing crash, now that something that everybody SHOULD be worried about… sorta’. I would be lying if I said I don’t care, but really, what can you do? I think if people took a long range look they’d be ok, but I know most people can’t think like that. The one thing that stays the same is the fact that its cyclical. Today it's the housing market, yesterday it was the dot com business, before that it was the oil crash.

These things have a tendency to eventually end. The how’s or why’s aren’t really for me to say but ultimately it will get better. Unfortunately most people have emotions tied up in this kind if mess, and there will be heartache somewhere. But if you can ride it out for a year or two, it’ll get better, unless of course you really can’t afford that house or that car. Then it’s dark days ahead. But for the rest of us, just hang in there.

The only guarantee is that its going to change. Maybe you need to go back to school, or change jobs or move to a different city. But that is ok, that’s what I think when someone mentions the American dream. Pursuit of happiness at its best.

No comments: