Monday, January 28, 2008

Money Don't Grow on Trees

I went grocery shopping yesterday. Yet another proof, if one is needed, that I’m getting better. I found things to be very expensive. Like for instance eggs, I remember paying less than a dollar for a dozen, and now its 2 bucks and change. Grits and oatmeal are the same too. In fact I noticed in just about every item I got it was quite a bit higher. Did things change in just 2 months or am I crazy? And I work for someone who’s been out of work for two months, with pay, just imagine what the struggling amongst us is doing. I hate to even think about it.

But then my wife went to get her girly parts checked out, all part of the thing you do as a girl. And you know what? They don’t do, or pay for preventive care anymore. This is the school district. So go ahead, add yet more to the plate. Preventive care, the most basic of basic, isn’t covered. I really hope this election year, they do something, because honestly I can’t pay much more, and I make pretty good. I can’t see how those lower on the rung are doing, or NOT doing. There really is a serious problem here.

No comments: