Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reflections

You know right about this time off year, just before Christmas, people start talking about the year... a look back if you will. So what has happened to me this year? I lost Thumper and it affected me more than I ever thought. That silly, ugly, and complete asshole being gone... it still hurts.We really don't play in the backyard much anymore. It is not that we can't, it just seems "wrong" to go out there now.  I miss you stupid dog....

But other stuff has happened. I got a 2 year extension at work, so I can keep paying my mortgage. Me and my mortgage company is glad for that. I also have another kid, but she actually came to us in October of 2009 but she is very comical and very sweet...besides those first two months she didn't really do much. She will climb up anything, jump off anything and pretty much do anything. A strong deviation from what the Songbird would do.

The teenager became a high schooler, though she stayed on the middle school complex. And try as we might we can no more understand her than her understand us. I think that is a teenager/parent enigma that I or anyone else can't ever find a solution to... other than wait.

My wife got bad sick and need her gallbladder taken out right at the beginning of the year. That was no fun, for her especially but for me too. Chasing after three girls is the way to make you gray. I do not want to do that again. Also since having the gallbladder removed, my wife makes frequent pit stops at the bathroom. It isn't all the time, but it is enough to be cognizant of, and it doesn't make you feel very good knowing that anything you eat could go through you almost as fast as you get it.

The one thing that remained the same was my Songbird. No strange illnesses, no change in looks or likes or anything. It is kind of a bummer that nothing special happened to her, but it is also comforting that nothing traumatic happened either.

What about me? Heck I'm happier than a pig in shit. I got my family, my younger brother, 3 sisters and my mom all coming out to spend the holidays with me. I know it will be a fantastic mess, no doubt someone will get their feelings hurt, some may not make it, or leave too soon or whatever. But that is you family (that is what mom always said anyway) you don't pick your family you just have to play the hand you are dealt.

So happy holidays to everyone, I may or may not be around for the next couple of weeks. It is going to get extremely busy around here. And that means my blog will suffer, but I will be back, that or you may not even notice I'm gone.

No comments: