Thursday, August 30, 2007

Drowning in a Sea of Negativity

Over the past few days I’ve been perusing local blogs on the Postscripts Big Blogroll. It’s quite the cornucopia of ideas, pictures, opinions, and information. I ran across a few that were rather scathing and reading those scornful blogs forced me to reflect upon myself. The last thing I want to do is come across as some kind of mindless naysayer filled with so much venom and disdain that I give the impression of a lock jawed, paranoid, close-minded antagonist stuck in only one frame of mind. This is not what I want to accomplish. Nope, not at all.

But I’m not prepared to plow my head into the sand and pretend everything is just fine either. So how does one straddle the fine line? Seriously, it’s really hard to not appear overly negative, just as it’s equally difficult to not come across excessively positive. Moderation is the key right? Easier said than done, but I’m going to try. This isn’t going to be a place that will only point out what is wrong, it will celebrate, promote, and encourage those who are doing right too.

No comments: