Monday, October 3, 2011

Payoff?

Work is a bitch lately. Yeah, yeah... I'm sure you've heard it all before. Basically I started a new job, not really the job I want but with time and some hard licks, eventually yes, I can see it. The job will pretty much come to me, but now that I'm here... I don't know if I want it. Isn't that just the way life is? But now that I have said it, I feel like I got to see it through. I know many people would think that is crazy, but I'm not one to back down.

So I plan on doubling up on my bet, going for broke, so that maybe I can see the promise-land, or at least a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope that I didn't jump too quick... that I can't hang on to what I got. There is little probability of this happening, but still I like to cover my bases.

Which brings me to another issue. I guess I finally found an anal retentive, attention to detail job, but damn if I want it. As always, we'll see. I also find it very important that I say, "I could have opted out." That is... nobody made me do it. And that is just it. Nobody forced this on me and if everything happens the way we think it will happen, I should be sitting pretty. That is the payoff.

So eyes on the prize, keep my nose to the grind and in 2 to 3 months, my hard work will pay off. That is the plan anyway. We will see. The greatest things won involve risk, the bigger the risk, the better the reward. Now it is time to realize that reward... in a few months. 

No comments: