Monday, July 23, 2007

Expect Delays

Initially I was hoping to make daily posts here. This is a fairly lofty goal considering I have a job, wife, and children that all require (and deserve) my attention (not to mention cooking dinner, yard maintenance, and the occasional DVD rental/zombie TV vegetative-viewing sessions). So something new everyday isn’t very likely at this point, but I do have some interesting things cooking on the back burner. Besides, I'm all about quality over quantity, especially when it comes to information.

At first I was going to focus on one particular entity, but I’ve decided that something much greater can be presented if I broaden the spotlight to all instead of just one. That is to say, I have the cannon locked and loaded for my favorite local paper, but my “juvenile” “attention seeking” wanderlust aside, I thought it would be better still to put all local papers under the same microscope and see where the chips fall.

The problem is this takes time and I want to do it right. I’m guessing that all local media outlets are failing us. My hope is that by educating the public about responsible journalism (a subject I myself am learning more about through this process) that they will come to expect and demand better.

It’s important to understand that each critique will be compared to the same standards that have been established by journalists and academia (schools of journalism) and not by some “lame”, “pool-pooping”, “circle jerking” miscreant that only craves attention (that would be me). If anyone out there is interested in learning more or would actually like to help, drop me a line hatterlives@hotmail.com or comment below.

More details soon...

No comments: