Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Still stroke victim, nothing else new

I don't get to post here as much because of the time it takes is now a lot longer. but still i will post and their saying in a mouth or two i should be fine. Define fine I don't think so, but I can be labeled the skeptic.

Christmas is finally come and gone, and quite frankly I couldn't wait for her to leave. All those well wishers that hoped everything was ok, well really weren't anything but hopeless asses. If you really were worried about me, then make the trip out here end of story.

Anyways we got another holiday right down the pipe. Once that is done, then it will be smooth sailing. Although I still make a hideous face when i laugh or cry at least i still do. Hoping to do better by next Christmas...maybe I'll have a classic film friday

4 comments:

The Cosmopolitan Charlestonian said...

Mad Hatter:

We appreciate all you have done in the blogosphere and wish you all the best.

Whatever is required - take care of yourself. Our thoughts are with you in Charleston.

Anonymous said...

MH! I'm horrified at this news. Prolly less horrified than you are though. I've been missin' you on the BT blogs and knew that you'd become, ahem, well, "disenchanted" there so thought I'd look for you here and, well, as I said, I'm horrified.

It sounds like your prognosis is good, but what do I know about it? Nothing. I know that the days we're in now are difficult for you and yours, and if there is any way at all that I can help you, please let me know: Babysitting (I'm a grandma, remember.) Driving to dr apptments (took my husband to Charleston for radiation every weekday for six weeks). Cooking (not up to NOLA standards, but decent). Shopping (I have a credit card).

Love, PB

PB

The Cosmopolitan Charlestonian said...

OK. Fair enough. Sorry for being hopeless asses. You know our bus situation.

When I was a little girl (this is the Stacey half of the Cosmopolitan Charlestonian) I got very angry and packed a small bag, dramatically informing my Mother that I was running away. She looked right at me, kinda fixed there. And then I said the mother of all chilish things, "I hate you." She curtly responded, "well, I love you no matter what." Just like that woman to go there. But it left a mark.

Not to get all weird or anything on you, but people are thinking of you. Hope that doesn't throw us into a higher class of asses (ha-ha). Thanks to PB for being within shooting distance.

Head up, trooper. You've got great stuff....and the world just needs more of it re: your thoughts on regligion and school reform.

Lifting a Cornona Light in your honor tonight.
Cheers.

Alex said...

Hey, MH.

I had no idea this happened and wish you the best in your recovery. I lost track of the BT blogging crew (I was alexm back then)...didn't realize you had a blog,which it looks like I'll enjoy reading.

Again, take care and I hope the new year brings a speedy recovery.