Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nirvana: Live at Reading

Ok this is the band that defined the whole "alternative" music scene, or at least the band that made it ok for others to join in the party. Other bands like Pearl Jam or Red Hot Chili Peppers or The Smashing Pumpkins may have helped, but this is THE band I recall. And the flame burned so bright, it went supernova, and Kurt Cobain killed himself. Heroin does that... or so I hear.

I don't really know of somebody dieing by suicide that was so on top of the world. I know others have died like Micheal Jackson, or countless other drug overdoses, and maybe that has made the mystique of Nirvana all the more, but I think they could have easily doubled the number of records. Alas it was not to be.

So this album encompasses all that Nirvana is and was... live. Which if I remember they had a live performance on Saturday Night Live... and they sucked, but this is not even remotely close to that. Or maybe I have my hindsight out of adjustment, still the album is good nah, great. This is a must have for anyone who likes Nirvana.

There is also a DVD by the same name, I didn't opt for that, as I prefer to just listen, but I'd bet it is pretty nice.




Here's another one on the album, but not live...

No comments: