Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Board Meeting... Again

Oh my God. Why did we even do it? We sat through the entire 4 hour + school board meeting (6-10:30). Good lord, I don't think I've seen more political posturing and backslapping in my life. And the information that ran through the meeting, or I should say, misinformation was incredible.

I think the school board should either get on the same page as the rest of the state, or perhaps just start mugging people. But I think my wife has the answer to all this:

Build the school - This makes the black people happy (though watch it, they're already talking about how this is only half of what was promised)

In two or three years, close either the Whale Branch or Battery Creek High schools - this will make the numbers jive.

There is nothing for the tax payer, or white guy.... except maybe the District staying with ACE.

It just never ceases to amaze me, how you can have two groups of people and one always gets shit on (white) while the other demands to be put up on a pedestal (black). And I'm not trying to be racial, I'm really not. I grew up in New Orleans and joined the Army; I was always around black people. I've seen the good, and not so good, just like with everyone else, some try to take advantage.

I don't have any words of wisdom, but I wonder how much rope do we have to get before we either hang ourselves or hang the people we voted for. And the soliloquies... That is where you determine that most of the board is full of shit. And everybody was delivering them last night, a good hour to hour and a half was spent on just that, when they could have simply voted and talked after... but then people like me wouldn't have watched right?

No comments: